Saturday, August 28, 2010

International Adoption

While most of you know we have a heart for our countries orphaned and unparented we also have a heart for the world orphan crisis. You may not know how sick I am of hearing about this great divide---meaning the conversation that goes something like this:
Why would anyone adopt from Africa? Do you know what you're getting yourself into? Why not adopt locally? Etc etc etc.
I am here to tell you no matter what you believe. Where you think you should or shouldn't adopt from there are no WRONG answers except the one that says "I will not care for children" If you are a Christian, you are commanded to care for the orphaned and widowed. That care may look different for everyone. Some are called to pray. Some are called to sponsor a child. Some are called to bring a meal to a family that is fostering. Some are even called to adopt domestically or YES,even, from a foreign land.
Guess what folks? They are ALL children. You turn your back on a child you turn your back on the very God who made them in His image.
I hope this challenges some of you. I know some of us have our quiver full already. Could I encourage you mom's out there of more than a couple children? Hang in there. God will sustain you. There is much Joy in mothering your biological children. There is some sorrow too. I just experienced the "moving out" of my oldest back in May. Boy, I wasn't expecting it to be so hard! My daughter, a sophomore in High-school is still home. We have also added three foster children. Our quiver is full so to speak.
Now for those of you who need or want more information on international adoption from a personal perspective. Check out this amazing article here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/26/AR2010082605232.html
Many Blessings my friends. Keep up the good fight. We win in the end.
p.s.
If you would like to buy a necklace you can post a comment and let me know. We are currently trying to help a family bring home their little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment